Event Date + Time
- Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India: Jan. 19, 2019, from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: Jan. 19, 2019, from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT −8)
- Asia-Pacific: Jan. 20, 2019, from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT +9)
- Limited Research tasks will be available when you spin Photo Discs at PokéStops.
- Completing the Limited Research tasks will reward you with encounters with Feebas.
- You may encounter a Shiny Feebas!
Tips and Tricks
Niantic’s official announcement post clarifies a few things:
- As long as you’ve collected the Limited Research during the event window, you can complete it at any time.
- Shiny Feebas will be unlocked, but it is not guaranteed you will encounter it. Visit more PokeStops to increase your chances
- Each PokeStop will give out a Limited Feebas Field Research task during the event
- You can’t revisit the same PokeStop to get more of the same task
All Feebas you encounter via Field Research on Feebas day will be Level 15 Pokemon, which means they will be encountered in the following CP range:
|Pokemon||Min CP @ 15||Max CP @ LVL 15|
Unfortunately, Field research encounters are not weather boosted which means your Feebas will always be Level 15. We suggest keeping all of them and trying out your luck with Trading. Maybe the gods of stat re-rolls will be kind to you.