- 2018 – 2105 CP with no weather boost (Level 20)
- 2523 – 2631 CP with Fog or Windy weather (Level 25)
The best case scenario for Giratina (Origin Forme) is a very manageable duo with Best Friend Bonuses and full teams of Dragons with possibly Mamoswine or Gengar mixed in if needed. Ideally, use 3-6 high-level players, or 6+ lower leveled players when fighting this raid boss.
This guide lists the best counters, forme stats, and which moves Giratina (Origin Forme) can have in Pokémon GO. For our Simulator’s list of counters, check here. For a full Giratina IV chart, you can check here.
|WEAKNESS Dark Dragon Fairy Ghost Ice||BOOSTED BY Windy Fog|
Giratina will be boosted by Fog and Windy weather, while being more vulnerable in Fog, Windy, Cloudy, and Snow.
|Windy||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost. Boosts Dragon attackers.||Boosts Giratina’s Dragon Breath and Dragon Claw|
|Partly Cloudy||–||Boosts Giratina’s Ancient Power|
|Cloudy||Boosts Fairy attackers||–|
|Snow||Boosts Ice attackers||–|
|Fog||Allows a Level 25 Encounter from Weather Boost. Boosts Ghost and Dark attackers.||Boosts Giratina’s Shadow Claw and Shadow Sneak|
Giratina’s Raid moves and stats analysis
Giratina (Origin Forme) is a Ghost Dragon type that has the following stats:
|Max CP 3683|
|ATK 225||DEF 187||HP 284|
|Weak to||Strong Against|
|Dark Dragon Fairy Ghost Ice||Ghost Psychic Dragon|
Giratina (Origin Forme) can have the following moves in a raid battle and when captured:
|Fast Moves||Charge Moves|
Now, what actually makes Giratina (Origin Forme) that much different from the Altered Forme?
- Origin Forme and Altered Forme, in the game, swap their attack and defense stats, making Origin Forme attack based, and Altered Forme defense based. This means that Origin Forme will hit harder, but be defeated faster.
- A duo that would have been difficult before with Altered Forme is now entirely easy with Origin Forme, even before factoring in weather and friendship bonuses. Which in turn means that it is a simply easier fight. You do not need as many people with Origin Forme as you did with Altered Forme.
- It will hit harder, and you may see more faints. However, the effect is minimal as far as simulations go. You will only see these results when using your glass cannons like Gengar and Banette.
- Origin Forme will be your go-to forme to use if Giratina ever gets an exclusive move. Altered Giratina, even with something exclusive, would not see as wide usage as an Origin Forme would.
Giratina (Origin Forme) TTW Chart
|Pokémon||Fast Move||Charge Move||TTW||Deaths|
|Palkia||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||599.4s||20|
|Salamence||Dragon Tail||Draco Meteor||613.1s||26|
|Mewtwo||Psycho Cut||Shadow Ball||675.9s||24|
|Latios||Dragon Breath||Dragon Claw||653.3s||26|
|Giratina||Shadow Claw||Dragon Claw||807.3s||24|
|Ursaring||Shadow Claw||Play Rough||810.4s||23|