What is a Community Day without a full-on guide for everything from the shiny form to an IV chart? So here it is, our Swinub Community Day (also known as February 2019 Community Day ) Guide, that has everything you could ever ask for in a guide! Swinub IV charts, Mamoswine exclusive move preview and general event guide!
Swinub Community Day Infographics
Swinub Community Day Event Times in Various Regions
|Asian-Pacific region||Feb. 17, 2019 from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. JST (GMT+9)|
|Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and India||Feb. 16, 2019 from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. UTC (GMT +0)|
|Americas and Greenland||Feb. 16, 2019 from 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PST (GMT -8)|
Event bonuses include:
- 10 guaranteed Sinnoh Stones
- 5 from Trainer battles
- 5 from battles with Team Leaders
- 3x Catch Stardust
- 3-hour Lure Modules
- More Swinub Spawns
- Exclusive Mamoswine move (Ancient Power Rock) can be obtained for the event duration, and one hour after the event ends.
Swinub is boosted by Snow or Sunny weather, allowing varying degrees of weather to boost this pig Pokémon.
Item Recommendations for Swinub CD
This Community Day boosts the Stardust gains for catching, so Star Pieces will be the star of the day.
With that being said, we would advise you to use the following items to maximize gains in other areas of the game:
- Star Piece: As stated above, with a bonus to Stardust being active, this will allow you to get even greater gains for the day. With Stardust being needed for several things in the game now, such as move unlocking, this is an item worth using.
- Gotcha / GO Plus / Poké Ball Plus: This is just a good choice overall, it helps track distance more accurately than regular walking will, it can help catch those random Pokémon you may find throughout the day, and if you have the Poké Ball Plus you can walk your favorite from Let’s Go for in-game bonuses! Plus it is really cool hearing your favorite Pokémon in that ball!
Of course, add on top of this all the regular stuff:
- Poké Balls for catching everything, specifically Great and Ultra Balls for quick and easy catches.
- Lucky Eggs for when you are catching, doing raids during the day, and just helping leveling overall.
- Lure modules to take advantage of the 3-hour lures.
- Incense to attract more possible shiny Swinub.
Swinub CP and IV Chart
No Community Day guide would be complete without a look at the CP potential in caught Pokémon. If you are looking to see what makes a 100% Swinub, here is what to expect:
- 521 – 635 CP is the level 30 CP Swinub range
- 635 CP is 100% without Weather Boost
- 564- 688 CP is a level 35 CP Swinub range
- 688 CP is 100% with Weather Boost Sunny or Snow
- This is the absolute best you can find in the wild
Check out the full CP Chart here and IV per level charts here. And here is your mandatory Swinub 100% search string (These ivs are just possible 100% ivs, the only guaranteed 100% ones are 635 with no weather and 688 with weather boost, if any other strings are desired, we have a creator here):
Shiny Swinub Family
Shiny Swinub and the family are a bit of an odd grouping. You have shiny Swinub, sporting some green fur, Piloswine with its change to a yellow, and then the long-awaited mammoth going and mixing both to bring a greenish-yellow. It is quite noticeable, and to some, it is an appealing shiny that makes this worthwhile Community Day that much better.
General Event Tips and Tricks
- Pokémon you have not caught prior to the event start can turn into Swinub, which means it is best to arrive at your spot early, and wait to catch until the event starts.
- Be patient – there will always be errors and bugs at the start of the event. It is best to restart the app in most, if not all, cases.
- Remember Pokéstops give out quests that are very beneficial on Community Day, giving you rewards for Stardust, Great and Ultra Balls, and Pinap Berries, all things that can help you if your stocks are low.
- While a Community Day Box has become the norm, most times it is not worth it compared to current or past sales. If it is what you need, go for it, but usually, the deal can be matched elsewhere.
- To ensure that you have Lures up the entire duration, do not set your lures prior to the start of the event, as those will only last 30 minutes. The Lure has to go up after the event has started to last for three hours. Not to mention it will block the boosted CD spawns from spawning until it has depleted.
- Use Incense to attract even more Pokémon to you while you’re out hunting. If you are wondering, yes, Incense can spawn Community Day ‘mons, that can be shiny. There is not a reason why you should avoid Incense if you have it.
- Chat with your fellow Trainers and grow your local Pokémon Go community. Make good use of the QR code feature to make some new friends!
- Promote the new Pokémon Go features and events to Trainers who are just starting their adventure or haven’t been playing for a while. People are coming back around due to trading, Generation IV, PVP, and these community events.
- Most importantly, have fun, get some shinies, and hope for good network connections!